ABANCA USA CONSUMER PRIVACY NOTICE
WHAT DOES ABANCA USA DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing of your personal information. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information may include:
- Social Security Number and income
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit history and payment history
- Insurance number
- Instructions for transfers
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons why financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons why ABANCA USA chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does ABANCA USA share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.||Does ABANCA USA share?Yes||Can you limit this sharing? No|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For our marketing purposes — with service providers we use to offer our products and services to you (please see below to limit the ways we contact you).||Does ABANCA USA share? Yes||Can you limit this sharing? Yes|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For joint marketing with other financial companies.||Does ABANCA USA share? No||Can you limit this sharing? We don’t share|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes —information about your transactions and experiences.||Does ABANCA USA share? Only if we have your permission||Can you limit this sharing? Yes|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes —information about your creditworthiness.||Does ABANCA USA share? Only if we have your permission||Can you limit this sharing? Yes|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For our affiliates to market to you.||Does ABANCA USA share? Only if we have your permission||Can you limit this sharing? Yes|
|Reasons we can share your personal information For nonaffiliates to market to you.||Does ABANCA USA share? No||Can you limit this sharing? We don’t share|
To limit our sharing
- Call +1 (305) 929-0880
- Visit us online: abancaUSA.com
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call +1 (305) 929-0880 or go to abancausa.com ABANCA USA 1395 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1500 Miami, Florida 33131
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
ABANCA USA, a Florida international bank branch of ABANCA Corporación Bancaria, S.A.
What we do
How does ABANCA USA protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized use and access, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does ABANCA USA collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or make deposits or withdrawals from your accounts
- apply for a loan or use your credit or debit card
- seek advice about your investments
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- filiates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Affiliates: companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Nonaffiliates: companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. ABANCA USA does not share personal information with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- Joint marketing: a formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. ABANCA USA does not jointly market.
Other important information
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) passed by the European Parliament in April 2016 relates to safeguarding the processing and movement of personal information. Please see below regarding the processing and movement of your personal information:
1. Who is responsible for the processing of my personal information?
ABANCA Corporación Bancaria, S.A. (Hereinafter “ABANCA” or the “Bank”), with its registered office in the City of Betanzos, c/o Cantón Claudino Pita, nº 2, 15300, A Coruña, Spain.
Visit our website to learn more about the identity of our Data Protection Delegate (“DPD”), whom you can contact at email@example.com.
2. What type of personal information does ABANCA USA process?
- Identity and contact information (e.g., name, surname, identification documents, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number).
- Information relating to family and demographics (e.g., age, level of education, geographical area where you live, types of households in the area by number and characteristics of household members, category of professional activities in the geographical area where you live, creditworthiness by annual income in such area, characteristics of such geographical area by the age of buildings, single-family or multi-family dwellings, or the presence of commercial areas).
- Financial and labor information.
- Information from insurance companies when insurance payments are directly billed to an ABANCA account.
- Information from transactions (e.g., information related to account movements such as direct billing or transfers, or information about payments with credit/debit cards or any other means of payment).
- Information relating to creditworthiness (e.g., information related to defaulting on payments to private companies, information on past due debts).
- Geolocation and geographical location information.
- Netsurfing data (e.g., IP address, webpage visits, Wi-Fi network connections).
3. Why does ABANCA USA process my personal information and how is ABANCA USA authorized to do so?
ABANCA processes your personal information for the following purposes:
Managing the services and products provided by ABANCA USA.
ABANCA USA must process your personal information for everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions and maintain your account(s). This use of your personal information is necessary to ensure that our services and products are offered and rendered appropriately:
- Responding to requests for information or applications submitted by you in connection with our products and services.
- Processing the registration of a transaction requested by you. For example, in credit transactions, your creditworthiness may be assessed through the use of automatic scoring and rating techniques.
- Retaining, developing, and monitoring business relationships between the Bank and you, including, in the case of credit transactions, assessment and monitoring through the use of automatic scoring and rating techniques.
- In order to comply with the purposes set forth above, the Bank may need to share your personal information with third parties, such as notaries public (for notarization of documents), appraisal companies (for valuation of properties), public registers (e.g., land registration office) (for registration of collateral property).
Complying with regulatory and other applicable regulations.
Financial institutions are regulated under state and federal law and, therefore, ABANCA USA must perform various processes, such as:
- Replying to information requests from federal and state regulatory authorities and competent courts.
- Complying with income tax withholdings and other tax regulations.
- Complying with applicable regulations related to the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
We may review and share your personal information to prevent identity theft and timely detect the fraudulent use of personal information in the provision of products and services. In furtherance of these purposes, the Bank may reciprocally share personal information with and among companies of the ABANCA Group (the “ABANCA Group”) in connection with anomalous activities.
Offering you other products and services of ABANCA USA that are similar to those you have.
We may send you advertising regarding products and services similar to those you already have. Such advertising may be general or tailored to your specific profile and commercial or credit status. Before sending you such advertising, we may process your personal information in order to offer you products and services that are relevant to you. Such personal information may include information related to your creditworthiness, as well as information relating to your transactions (e.g., receipts by direct billing or information generated by the use of debit and credit cards to purchase goods or services).
You may restrict the sending of such advertising information and the processing of your personal information in connection with offering you products and services at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless you contact us and request to limit sharing, your personal information may be shared through:
- Telephone calls
- Postal mail
- E-mail and social networking sites
- Messages to mobile phone
- The Bank’s online banking service
With your express permission, we may:
- Offer you, through the mediums listed above, products and services of companies within the ABANCA Group and our affiliates; we may send you advertising tailored to your personal information with respect to services related to finance, welfare, insurance, real estate, real estate investment, education, marketing, consulting, and advisory information. Information regarding such products and services can be found on our website. We may also offer you products and services from third parties related to finance, insurance, leisure, food, appliances, furniture, cars, shoes, garments, opticians, services and products for personal consumption, etc.
- Share your personal information with companies within the ABANCA Group for the following purposes:
- Efficient processing of your information requests or applications submitted by you in connection with any products and services offered by any of the companies within the ABANCA Group.
- Preparing or updating your commercial and risk profiles managed by any of the companies within the ABANCA Group.
- Facilitating the sending of offers and promotions, through any and all means, by any of the companies within the ABANCA Group.
- Tailor information relevant to you. We may obtain additional details about your financial needs and preferences through information provided by different external sources such as public registers, cadastre, social networks, geo-marketing tools, netsurfing data contained in our website, and our mobile applications. The purpose of such information is to develop and implement improvements in our products and services, and adapt offers related to such products and services that are best suited to your specific customer profile.
- Retain your personal information once you have concluded your relationship with the ABANCA Group. We may retain your personal information for analytical and statistical purposes for a maximum period of up to five (5) years after your relationship with the ABANCA Group has ended. We may also use such retained personal information to send you tailored advertising offers from the ABANCA Group for products and services that are relevant to you.
We may also use your personal information to respond to analytical and statistical surveys, to protect the ABANCA Group’s legal interests against any claims, and to provide your personal information to credit bureaus in the event that you default on your payment obligations to a company within the ABANCA Group.
4. How long will ABANCA USA retain my personal information?
Your personal information will be retained for the duration of the term of your obligations to ABANCA USA. Once you have satisfied your obligations to ABANCA USA, your personal information will be blocked pursuant to applicable law. This means that your personal information will be available only upon the request of a competent court or competent civil authority or agency during the applicable statutory period. Once the applicable statutory period expires, your personal information will be permanently deleted from ABANCA USA’s records.
5. Does ABANCA USA transfer my personal information to other countries?
6. What are my rights regarding my personal information?
You have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal information:
- Right of access. You have the right to access your personal information.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to request that inaccurate personal information be corrected or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right of erasure. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information when it is no longer needed for processing.
- Right to limit processing of personal information. You have the right to limit processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a portable format that may be used across different services.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. You have the right to stop your personal information from being used for direct marketing.
- Right to oppose automated decision-making. You have the right to request human intervention or challenge a decision made by automated decision-making.
- Right to revoke the consent given. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to submit a claim against the controlling authorities. You have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority.
To exercise any of your rights, please write to us at email@example.com.